|Downtown Greenville during Artisphere 2011|
|Black chocolate sorbetto = pure joy.|
|Love and miss you (and Stitch)!|
Greenville will always have a special place in my heart. I first moved there for a summer internship with GE in 2007 then returned during my time on program with IMLP in 2010, where it remained my home-base during my expat and repat time. The Upstate is a beautiful, growing area of South Carolina, and there plenty of gems to discover.
A few of my favorite places in Greenville:
- Henry's Smokehouse off Wade Hampton for pulled pork and ribs. Peach cobbler or banana pudding - if I get there before it's sold out for the day!
- Luna Rosa for gelato. Each new flavor I try, I'm blown away. I could eat a black chocolate sorbetto and almond gelato waffle cone each day and never get tired.
- Falls Park on the Reedy River. The nearby gardens were beautiful in bloom.
- Pedal Chic - I could have spent all day browsing their shop/boutique and LOVE their slogan "Roadways are the new runways." Not only have they brought in a great selection of bikes and activewear, but it sounds like they've got an awesome calendar of events ranging from clinics to rides. Open one in the LA-area, please!
- Kitchen Arts & Pottery - Liz has put together an amazing shop full of foodie treasures. I'm jealous of her collection of vintage prints and tea towels and wish I could be there for the tea (towel) party for the Queen's jubilee!
- Art Crossing galleries - specifically Patti Rishforth's silhouette work, Guy Stevens' paintings and Christina Nicole's jewelry.