23 July 2011

Dee Eye Why (Part II)

First DIY project complete! It's been a while since I've worked on a jewelry piece, so I wanted to start simple. On the other hand, I'm absolutely mesmerized with these great pieces by Dannijo, CC Skye and Joomi Lim that mix chain and metal work with more feminine details and styling.

Baby steps first though since I hadn't worked with chain before. I picked up single and double link options with some ideas in mind but no idea where to start.

One performance episode of So You Think You Can Dance (Season 8 picks currently are Sasha, Melanie, Marko, Jordan & Tadd, if you are curious) later, and I had a new addition to my ever-growing necklace collection. All I had to do was cut the double link chain slightly longer than the single, get creative with a few jump rings, crimp beads and wire...onto the next challenge!

1 comment: